Welcome to The Herbarium’s intensive on attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Herbs for ADHD, Cognition, and Focus with herbalist Maria Noël Groves! There are three sessions to this series—three videos each accompanied by written content.
In the first session, Maria provides a summary of ADHD including symptoms, causes, brain function, commonly prescribed medications, an overview of supportive, non-herbal approaches, and an introduction to cognitive herbs.
The second session reviews an herbal materia medica (including kid-friendly herbs) to support cognitive wellbeing.
In the third and final session, Maria provides an herb overview chart and reviews formulation tips, how to put together a protocol, and case studies.
By the end of this intensive, students will gain a better understanding of ADHD and the herbs, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions that can be incorporated in clinical practice to support people with this condition.
Important information about the intensive.
- PDF Downloads: At the top of each written session, under the videos, you will see two download buttons. One button is to download the PowerPoint slides. The other button is to download the transcript of the presentation. There are no PDF downloads of the written session at this time.
- Length of Access: You will have 6 months access to the intensive after clicking the start button.
- Next Session Delay: We have set up the intensives so that the subsequent session becomes available on the following day. This is to provide adequate time for you to process new material. However, please note once all sections are accessed, you will have 6 months of full access from the time you started the intensive.
- Notification of Session Availability: After the first session, which is available immediately after starting your intensive short course, the subsequent sessions will be released once per day. You can click on the next session at any point to check how much time you have before the next session becomes available to you. You can check back daily to continue your learning! Please note you can revisit the intensive each day or anytime after 24 hours has elapsed to access the next session. Once all sections are accessed, you will have 6 months of full access from the time you started the intensive.
- Badge of Completion: Once you finish Session 3 and answer and submit the simple survey question, a badge will appear in your student dashboard. If the badge doesn’t appear, please return to the quiz and ensure that you have properly submitted your answer by clicking the “Finish the Quiz” button at the bottom of the quiz process box on the right side of your screen. There are no certificates available for this intensive.
- Intensive Quiz: In order to receive your badge, please complete and submit the simple feedback questions at the end of Session 3. To submit the quiz, click the “Finish the Quiz” button at the bottom of the quiz process box on the right side of your screen.
- Quiz Location: The quick feedback quiz will appear at the bottom of your Course Process Bar once you reach the 3rd and final session. If you do not see this button pop-up, please click through all of the sessions in the Course Process Bar for it to appear.
- Quiz Grading: The quiz is not graded. It is a simple feedback quiz that in time will be reviewed so that we can gather feedback from students.
- Start Button: If you do not see the start button below, please log in to your account using the credentials you created when establishing your account. To log in, click the “Sign In” link located in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
For answers to other frequently asked questions, please click here. To download and print this information to have on hand during your intensive participation, please click here.
Ready to get started in class? Please read all of the below instructions, and please download them here and print them out if you think you might need a reminder. When you are ready to begin, scroll down to click on the Start button and view the first lesson.
Before you begin, please note these important features:
- Downloadable PDF worksheets are for your personal use as a keepsake and do not need to be submitted. Nothing needs to be typed in—simply download, print, and fill in with pen or pencil.
- To navigate to the next lesson in your course, click the Next Lesson button located at the bottom of your screen or scroll up and find the next lesson in your Course Process Bar located on the right hand side of your screen.
- The Unit Quiz will appear at the bottom of your Course Process Bar once you reach the 5th and final lesson. There is only one Unit Quiz. If you do not see this button pop-up, please click through all of the lessons in the Course Process Bar for it to appear.
- During the quiz, you will see that there is a “Quiz Process” bar on the right hand side of the screen. Click through both sections of the quiz and answer the questions. At the bottom of the bar is a button that says “Finish the Quiz.” Please click this button to submit and finish your quiz.
- Once you finish the Unit Quiz, your course progress wheel will update.
- If you do not see the start button below, please log in to your account. To log in, click the “Sign In” link located in the upper right hand corner of the screen.