Ever wonder what herbs and microorganisms have in common? The simple answer to that question is you. At the Herbal Academy we enjoy supporting our students in their ever-deepening relationships with the plant kingdom and learning how to preserve and capture the healing qualities of herbs is no doubt a part of this process. The Craft of Herbal Fermentation allows you to take this relationship one step further!
Our Herbal Academy teachers have come together to provide you with in-depth written discussions and video tutorials about every aspect of herbal fermentation. Whether you are interested in creating delicious beer and mead to share with friends and family or are looking for ways to expand your probiotic routine through kombucha, water kefir, or fermented foods, The Craft of Herbal Fermentation Course will walk you through step by step, from start to bubbly finish.
Everything you have ever wanted to know about incorporating herbs into your fermentation journey is now all in one place! Each unit is presented by seasoned fermentation devotees, including: Marc Williams, Ethnobiologist and Executive Director of Plants & Healers International (herbal mead), Tara Welty, L.Ac., Licensed Acupuncturist and herbal beer brewing maven (herbal beer), Erika Galentin, MNIMH, RH, AHG, Clinical Herbalist and Course Development Director at the Herbal Academy (herbal kombucha and water kefir), and Ariel Martian, Herbalist, formulator, and master fermenter (herbal lacto-fermented foods).
Incorporating Herbs into Mead, Beer, Kombucha, & Lacto-Fermented Foods
Upon completing this course you will have all of the information you need to embark upon your own herbal fermentation journey as well as the confidence, enthusiasm, and unyielding curiosity that working with herbal fermentations can inspire. You will have access to one-on-one video demonstrations, as if our teachers are standing in your kitchen! The course provides downloadable written tutorials and resource and supply lists to equip you with all of the tools that you may need for various herbal fermentation experimentations. You will also have access to exclusive recipes and inspiring fermentation stories to support and enliven you along the way.
Along with your enrollment, you can choose to upgrade your registration with the beautifully designed fermentation tutorial and recipe guides! Sixteen pages in all, these colorful, botanically decorated guides compile the useful step-by-step instructions for each of the herbal ferments along with several of our favorite recipes. These will become your go-to guides when making herbal fermentations! Useful measuring charts and quick tips are also peppered throughout the pages to act as a helpful reference as you explore the craft of fermentation. Laminated for ease of use and functionality, take these durable guides right into the kitchen with you while you prepare your ferments to help instruct you through the process and inspire you with our exclusive recipes. Use an erasable marker to check off each step as you walk through the recipes!
Choose to upgrade your registration with these laminated charts, delivered right to your home!
LEARN EACH FERMENTATION PROCESS STEP BY STEP DISCUSSING OPTIONS AND ANSWERING QUESTIONS LIKE:
By the End of this Course
- You will have the confidence to create your own herbal beer, herbal mead, herbal kombucha, herbal water kefir, and herbal fermented foods using basic, easy-to-come by ingredients and supplies.
- You will understand how to care for and support the vitality of probiotic fermentation cultures as well as gain an understanding of the benefits and drawbacks to incorporating herbs into probiotic fermentations.
- You will be able to discern between different types of ingredients required for successful fermentation and how these differences can add special qualities, flavors, or wellness benefits to the process.
- You will be familiar with the necessary brewing supplies, fermentation vessels, bottling options, and other equipment.
- You will have an understanding of safety, sanitation, and cleanliness considerations related to brewing herbal ferments.
- You will have confidence that you are making healthful and safe fermentation products.
- You will have a firm appreciation for the benefits and cautions of incorporating probiotic fermentations such as kombucha, water kefir, and fermented foods into your daily wellness routine.
- You will be able to appreciate the alchemy and ceremony that herbal fermentation can inspire through discussions on plant spirit medicine, herbal constituent bioavailability, and even creating community through fermentation.
Benefits of this Course
The Craft of Herbal Fermentation Course Outline
Come join us in learning the craft of herbal fermentation! Working with herbs in this almost alchemical and ceremonial capacity is all about relationship building, especially when we include the dynamic nature of fermentation cultures and microorganisms, how to care for them, and the transformation that takes place when they are celebrated alongside our beloved herbal partners.